As you know I strongly support harvest in private water. But public water presents challenges because other than length limits nothing truly manages harvest. In private water we often are working with length limits to but also with harvest weight objectives. This is easily controlled in private water ... but not so easily in public water. Public water can be over harvested. If you were able to listen to the last few minutes (beginning about 14:36), I think you might agree with him as he provided context that he thought limited harvest could be practiced. For some reason the video started midway so I didn't get the part of his private water management but if he applies harvest discipline like he mentioned in the latter part of the video ... it seems reasonable depending his objectives for the water.

While I highly encourage harvest all the time ... I never practice it with LMB in the public water I fish around here. There are so many people keeping LMB that the numbers are truly insufficient to maintain quality fisheries either for BG or LMB. They really get dinged so I release all of them and fish for them for the sole purpose of hoping I am helping to make them hook smart. I keep reasonable numbers of small BG just to help with BG predation and to snack with my kids.