We have cold and a little snow yesterday. SFS still killing the optimal on the surface. I have amazingly clear water all spring. I have no idea why really. Eerie to see my cement blocks and pallets so clearly in 3 feet of water. I thought the YP would be very skittish given that I can more easily spot them as they cruise in to get the pellets but they seem to be undeterred.

I'm somewhat hopeful that some of the credit can go to some muck dissolving pellets that I tried out for the first time late last summer and early fall. AT that time the water cleared up in a big way and it stayed clear I guess. I'm hoping somehow those pellets didn't disrupt the tiny plankton and other critters that are necessary for the richer color of a fertile pond. I also know that water temps are still pretty much at early spring temps and not much will grow yet. I did put lawn fertilizer down once already and usually some run off from that jump starts some algae or a slight tinge to the water color. Maybe as water temps come up we will see some healthy water color.

I have no way to know if the muck dissolving pellets work for sure (didn't take before and after measurements of muck) but the price was OK and I see much less leaves and debris on the bottom in the shallows so maybe I inadvertently found a winner product!