Originally Posted by 1997pond
So results are in from 5 days of light to heavy fishing (kids were involved).

Caught a total of 51 bass:
- 42 were 6-10"
- 7 were 10-11"
- 2 were 13-14"

For the bass 10" or larger the RW averaged about 80% with a high of 90% and a low below 75%.

I can post pics upon request, but with these numbers I'm not certain that adds any additional value.

Almost all were culled. Each day there was a single pardon granted for the detainees.

So far no BG caught or even sighted in shallows... I'll keep looking for the suspected big BGs that could be lurking.

1997pond,

Using RW of 90% for the 8" LMB and 80% for the >10" LMB, I made an estimate of the total weight of fish that you took out. It's ~14 lbs or about 21 lbs/acre. I'll mention this is a really good dent of the LMB population in a 2/3 acre pond. The remaining LMB will gain as you may have removed about 25% to 30% of the LMB standing weight. According to the creel, the population is predominately less than 10" in length comprising 82% of the population. The less than 10" LMB also comprised 42% of the weight of the sample. If food limited carrying capacity were 67 lbs (not out of line but could be less) ... and if the sample is reflective of the remaining distribution (2 big ifs) ... we could estimate the number of less than 10" fish that are remaining. 53 lbs X 42% is 22.25 lbs of < 10" fish that average 0.21 fish each. So there could be as many as 89 or so <10" LMB still in the pond. I think what you have taken is going to make a difference. I think I might give them a chance to grow some before harvesting more. What kind of grow they make will give you a good sense of numbers and possibly even carrying capacity. This fall would be a good time to thin again if growth and condition suggest further thinning at this time is necessary.

As for the BG ... I can tell you that I target them specifically most outings and I use a fly rod with flies I used to use a lot for trout. Lately I've been using a size 10 scud. Its been a really cool spring and the BG just aren't biting as well as the LMB are. Yes, I have been catching LMB up to around 13" on that tiny fly. Its been a hoot much like you guys had last weekend. It is possible that there are only LMB in your pond but it still remains a possible that they just haven't started biting or were focusing on other foods in the pond your lure didn't mimic well. Anyways, a very good harvest, well done.

PS. Please correct the estimate of the total weight harvested if you happened to get a total weight. Would like to know.