Sorry about your fish losses. I have had one major and one minor fish kill in my 20-year old pond, both due to prolonged snow over ice. In one case, all my CC died, but LMB and BG populations came back. While I have not seen any dead fish yet this year, we had snow over ice for a long time.

I am no expert on energy production, but I did look into the Texas electric outage. It appears that gas wells froze up as did windmills due to lack of winterizing protection that is typically not needed in Texas. Isolation from the national grid, to avoid federal oversight, made compensating for the crippled local grid nearly impossible. Local officials and politicians made their decisions and then folks were forced to live with them (except for politicians that took their families on vacation to the Caribbean!). Energy experts had warned that this was inevitable. As a scientist, it always amazes me how common it is to "cherry pick" information that aligns with one's ideology, and discard information that does not (information bias). We also seem to avoid paying for upgrades to our infrastructure until it collapses, like buying homeowner's insurance after the house burns down.

Best wishes in repopulating your pond!