Bill has special privileges and a special role on the forum. I forget his exact title but he is like the 'knower of truth, bringer of clarity, editor of posts, and spends a lot of time as the layer of memories and assembler of archives' He does a great job bringing people answers by dredging up old posts, linking to archival posts, and often finds it useful to do that within your post.

He also has helped me a lot with my YP adventure. I would agree with him that fish with origins/genetics in the midwest will not do well in hot weather where the water temps start to approach 90 and above as many TX pond owners describe in their posts.

Having a cold water refuge might get you through the texas summer but I'm not sure how you make sure the thermocline in your 25' deep pond never falls apart and the water mixes. Certainly if you do any aeration you are running the risk of losing the thermocline.

Perhaps if you replaced a large percentage of the pond water with cold water from a deep ground source and aerated that water before you sent it in your pond that would work out too.

But it would be a cool thing to learn more about Rio Grande perch and get them in your pond. Keep us posted if you do!