Originally Posted by esshup
Originally Posted by ewest
Originally Posted by Bill Cody
Here is some of the "rest of the story".

Also note the fish of CNBG listing is said to very likely have mixed species of BG and RES and maybe even some hybrid BG(HBG) could be present.

Bill are they saying that their fish production ponds are contaminated (multi species and crosses) ? Yikes !

RES and BG yoy growing out in same pond is ok.

Providing you are not stocking a pond with strictly SMB as a top end predator.....

My comment was indicating that many hatcheries grow out RES and BG in % in the same pond to use in stocking new ponds. I was not indicating that I like or approve of the practice - I don't and wont buy them that way.

Cody Note Repeated from ewest's post above.
Here is a link to the price list
https://tylerfishfarm.com/pricelist
A mix of BG and RES was my interpretation of the wording. Maybe they are saying the farm will blend the CNBG order with 15% RES? What do you all think the wording means? Only TFF knows the rest of the story.

In defense of fish farms, I have watched mixed fish being sorted and I have sorted some mixed species myself. Pressure is there to "Get 'er Done". When sorting mixed freshly seined fishes one or a few can easily get into the wrong bucket or tank by floping out of a net or out your hand or commonly even be misidentified especially when the mixed sunfish are only 1"-3" long. If you have several thousand fish that have already been sorted in a tank and all are sunfish, what do you do when a wrong one flops into the wrong location or into the sorted fish???. Start sorting over or keep sorting? Stuff like this commonly happens. Almost always everyone will just keep sorting. It is not the end of the world when a wrong specie is in the for sale container or tank - considering everything involved. That is why we here on the forum say if it is extremely important to have a pure culture resort the fish before release into your pond.