Donatello,

Another "Welcome!" from a Kansas guy.

The pond you have constructed sounds awesome!

Your goal of a diverse pond is good, but IMHO you are going to be juggling way too many balls to have much control over the end product in 2024 and 2025.

A 5-acre pond is bigger than most of the member ponds on Pond Boss. However, your pond still has an upper limit for the amount of biomass as fish that can be supported.

Gizzard shad in Kansas are dicey. They can grow larger in your pond than a Kansas-sized big bass can eat.

Green sunfish have a life cycle similar to bluegill, but a much larger mouth. They will compete to some degree for forage with your top predators.

ewest is a good expert to heed for pond advice. "Learn about crappie" is his diplomatic way of saying they could be a big problem in your pond. (I am NOT an expert, so I can be a little more direct. When I say something stupid, there is usually an actual expert to come along behind me and make a clarification.)

There is a chance in your pond, that you could end up with 90% of your fish biomass as 10-12" gizzard shad, stunted white crappie, and thousands of small but voracious green sunfish. I doubt that is your ultimate goal.

If you state your primary goal, and a secondary goal, then there are definitely a lot of experts on Pond Boss that could help you achieve those goals.

Good luck on your project!

Rod