Tracy,

We went to pond in Allen, TX. TWPD stocked this pond last week and it still had a fair number last weekend. My son had never fished for trout and these outings turned into great memory maker. There is a deeper story to it than just limiting trout, I left a little early from work on Saturday to take him fishing. We got there kind of late in the day and a lot of people were fishing there. The bite was slow for the bait anglers and we were fishing flies. I got three nibbles but they took me not paying close attention with a lot of slack so I didn't catch any. James was having issues with his fly rod due to the crowd, the length of casts required, and back cast obstacles. I asked him several times if he wanted to go home and try again another day. But he was determined to catch a fish and we stayed until it was too dark to fish.

So on the way home, he pulled out his phone and started watching youtube videos on trout. Soon he determined we should have fished with corn. And I told him I would take him again and we would try it. Well the next morning, Sunday, I was up at 5 and getting ready to go to work and my wife came down and said that James had set his alarm for 5:30 to go fishing. So I hadn't planned on going fishing on Sunday morning and had plenty of things I needed to accomplish at work, but I made an executive decision to stay and take him fishing if that alarm woke him up. It did and it was raining and cold and windy. So we rigged up his pole for corn and bundled up. It was the complete opposite of the prior day. Cold, windy, and hardly anyone there. At times we had to run to the shelter and get out of heavy rain. The banks were slippery and I fell flat on my back. But we caught fish and limited out. We ate them for lunch pan fried in bacon fat which is my favorite way to eat them. So was a really great trip despite the weather. It turned out to be long day still having to complete some tasks at work ... but it was worth it.