It's been a little over a year since the YP stockings, and I decided that it's time to start figuring out how to catch them.
I know I can catch them on a piece of nightcrawler, and I'm sure a FHM would work just as good, so I'm experimenting with artificials.

I'm not trying very hard, just putzing at it for a few minutes after work a couple days a week.

Already learned that bead head flies and little black rubber stick things on a tiny dart head jig work.

Few days ago I tied on a black 1/16oz marabou jig. Never got a bite on that thing. Didn't matter how I presented it.

Yesterday I hung that one up and had to break it off. Tied on a white/chartreuse 1/32oz marabou ~6" above a light blue 1/16oz marabou and promptly nailed a double.

Top fish was ~7 inch size. Bottom fish flipped off before I could lip it, but was substantially larger than the other. I was fumbling the rod with one hand and fumbling for
my camera with the other and gave em too much slack. With the hook barbs pinched down they slip right off if you don't keep the line tight.

Next thing I'm going to try is suspending the jig/s under a float. I noticed last year that the fish moved away from the dock where I'd been feeding, and into the cedar
tangle when the water began to drop below 50°. It's tough to swim a jig through that stuff, so we'll see if suspended slightly above the tangle will entice them to bite.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]