Rod, caught my local warden. Here is his assessment of the regs and how he believes they are to be interpreted.
It IS LEGAL to take, by legal means, a legal sized fish up to the daily creel limit. It IS LEGAL to transport to your facility.
The problem seems to come to the same thing I believe in... Is it the ETHICAL thing to do not knowing 100% what critters /organisms you are also moving with those fish.
I strongly believe the methods we use to minimize the potential are of the utmost importance if you choose to do this.
If using a tank in your truck to transport, I would use 3 dip nets, 1 to move fish out of livewell, rinse fish IN that net then place fish in salt tank. After 2-3 minutes in salt, use dipnet #2 to rinse fish you extract from salt tank to place in fresh water revival tank. Use dipnet #3 to remove fish from fresh revival tank, rinse and place in transfer tank.
This would be the most proactive process you could do to minimize possible introduction of undesirable organisms or plants.
This is of course not a final answer but how my local 19 yr veteran warden looks at it.