Hind sight is 20/20. Yes I agree fish weight per acre was to high. But remember the bushy pond weed covered 75% of the pond. That and the weather in combination killed the fish. I should have harvested more of the hsb. In my opinion, I did not have to many lmb. Here is why. The pond never had many yoy of lmb. Using fishing, and e survey never showed any numbers of small lmb. I'm talking lmb under 14" . You could not thin or cull those lmb because you almost never caught one. I removed 7 the year of the kill. That is all I caught. And almost never saw one in the pond. Never shocked one up except that first year when we shocked 10 months after stocking. We shocked up 5 in that size range so we restocked using 1 to 1/2lb legacy lmb from Overtons. As I said earlier, the pond was never in the norm. None or little lmb reproduction or yoy lmb survival the first 3 yrs. Since the fish kill, I am seeing some yoy lmb this year.

Eric, I forgot to mention those Blk Swann (Cormants) events along with all those other fish eating birds that I delt with at the pond. Did I mention those fish eating gators? smile