Originally Posted by gehajake
Replying to Steve, I really hope this works out for you better then I think it will, I can see him needing to get 25% down for a commitment but the breakdowns and money problems are not your problem, if he is not manager enough to swing a little job that size he has issues, the Jesus card is usually my first alert, a person of faith doesn't really have to display it on his bumper. seems like the worst I get screwed over, or attempted to, is by the ones with the Jesus bumper sticker. Good Luck!

Thank you for the support. Sadly, he never showed up this morning like he said he would. I called and left about a 2-minute voicemail. Its disconcerting that he has his phone off, because it went straight to voicemail, and has been that way for about a week now...in the beginning he would answer my calls. I guess I need to give him an ultimatum, "have it done by this date or I'm taking you to court."

I don't know what else to do at this point. It's funny about the Jesus thing, because the first guy that came to look at my property did the same thing. He even said, "All I can do is try my best and let God do the rest" or something along those lines, when I asked him how certain he was of this project being a success. I'm not religious, but it makes me angry to see people use this tactic to get money out of you, and reassure you that the job will get done. I should know better...