I have redear out the ears.

Not only did my forage pond spawn a bunch of new RES babies but this RES/SMB pond must have had a great spawn too.

Have been seeing some baby 2-3" long SMB in a shallow area I drive across with my UTV. So I'm thinking, I'll trap a few of those small bass and move them to my sediment pond to grow out. So I put a couple traps in the water, checked them a little while later and not a single bass but look what was trapped. Loads of 1-2" RES. That is the only sunfish in this pond other than the one lone BG male I put in this summer. So presumably some could be RESxBG hybrids. But based on how many I trapped out of my forage pond (that only has pure RES for sure) I am pretty sure these are mostly if not all RES.

I have trapped a half dozen batches like the one in the picture. Transferred them to my sediment pond, main pond and old pond to reinforce the RES populations there. Most will probably get eaten (except in the forage pond which has few if any predators currently) but a few will surely survive.

Have yet to get one of the numerous SMB fry to go into the traps but do get a few gams.

[Linked Image from forums.pondboss.com][Linked Image from forums.pondboss.com][Linked Image from forums.pondboss.com]
Attached Images