Yikes, the summer is getting away and my log entries have been few. I have been frequenting the pond most daily, but doing little besides enjoying a 15 minute break while I tend to the craw trap and observe the feeding. I DO HAVE A RECORD HSB TO REPORT...

20" long and 3.5 pounds...

[Linked Image from forums.pondboss.com]

Compared to last Septembers record of - 18" long and 2.6 pounds at 83% RW.

Fantastic weight gain of almost a pound, but only 80% relative weight. I know the exact length makes a big difference, but I am afraid that it was a bit longer than 20 inches actually. So I rounded the weight up and the length down to be consistent with the traditional "fish story"...

[Linked Image from forums.pondboss.com]

My original goal was to grow larger HBG and use the HSB as population control. It would seem that the HSB are looking very nice to my eye even though they are lower than 100% RW. That indicates to me that they ARE hungry and likely doing there job, but not starving.

The new record HSB was caught on a pinky sized hook (no weight what-so-ever) and one of those Gulp baits (two-tone reddish brown). It was cast fairly close to the dock and just left to slowly sink and BAM!

I have done very little fishing at the pond this year, but plan to change that as summer fades as the fish seem to take a hook better this time of the year. I did catch a HBG too. It was not a record, but very fat and happy...more to come...
Attached Images