FWIW, here in NY a random sampling of people were tested, about 6000, to see what the antibody positive count was. To everyone's surprise, it was far higher than expected. In the city proper, almost 1 in 4 people had it. Out here, 1 in 25-ish. This was three weeks ago now, so the numbers are higher by now.

What did we learn? The actual death rate is <1%, closer to 0.5%. The majority of people never knew they had it. Only the sickest get tested normally, which over-inflates the death rate. We are basing a lot of decisions on crap data.

What else have I learned today?
1. Scientists have confirmed you can only get it once. No significant mutations (yet) that allow re-infection. It turns out the tests for active infections don't differentiate between DNA of a dead virus (post infection) and live. There were false positives in already infected but recovered people.
2. It is airborne. People can get it without contact, just not as easily. It doesn't primarily infect that way, but can and does.
3. Re-opening soon is going to be necessary, whether we like it or not. It will be the lesser of two evils if people start to get rebellious and desperate.
4. You are going to get it. Face it. Everyone will but roughly 20% of the population. Lucky people or those we need to isolate until a vaccine is ready. All we are doing is stretching out the inevitable.
5. A vaccine is possible, but unlikely. Don't count on it being available before the problem solves itself.
6. Best bet is to isolate the vulnerable as much as humanly possible. This doesn't mean everyone at the detriment of social stability.
7. A second wave is sure to happen if we clamp down this hard and then let up. It HAS to, there simply is that much "fertile ground" for it to work with. Summer may be the best time to let it go due to:
8. A healthy immune system is key. Get your vitamin D, natural and supplements, get out, get exercise, live life. Sitting inside locked up watching TV and drinking too much is counter-productive.

What I am still annoyed about is upstate is still locked down with NYC problems. Barely an issue now in my area, and now set at least to the end of May. Re-opening wont occur until the impossible happens: Containment, more or less. Its going to get ugly soon as unemployment is not coming through for many.

In the meantime, I am getting a lot of yard work done, and started the pain in the butt process of raking out the chara to get ready for SoilFloc. Still hoping my wedding ring comes up with the weeds.