Then flew back to the nest where I'm assuming there were mouth/s waiting.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

In case your wondering what the green stake is, I threw in some pond structure for the fish to
hide in and use late last fall, and thought that I might want to move them, so I tied some nylon
cord to the Pond King brush, shrub, and grass. the brush is about 6 foot tall and the bluegill love hanging out around them. I need to stealth the stake the cords are tied to with a smaller wooden stake,as it's ruining my pics.

I put in 6 of these last fall grouped 3 on one side of the pond fairly close together, and 3 on the other.

Wood ducks are using both of the hatch boxes I put in the adjoining swamp two winters ago.
We've had 4 or 5 pair of them hanging out. We are hoping for a repeat performance as last
year we had three hens that had 18 new additions to their population. One had 8, another had 4, and the other 6. We love watching them in the pond. Every spring, I chase away different pairs of
geese that also love the pond. Too bad they don't play well with others. A quick pic and I'm out the door. "Hey you woodchucks, quit chuckin my wood", said the crazy guy waving a large leaf rake over his head. They get the idea. I get much more respect from them when asking them to leave when
waving a leaf rake. lol

Wood ducks and mallards getting along swimmingly well.

Digging nest.

Mergansers

The Slowskys

Another of the Eagle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIgpqyrcIkw