Good idea Brettski!

Here are my 10 reasons for a pond.

1. Safe fresh fish source (I've posted before about the many problems we have with hormones, intersex fish, fish sores, PCBs, heavy metals, and near extinction of BG and SMB in my formerly most favorite public fishing spots in the world.).

2. Emergency water source for fire protection (I'm 20 miles from the closest fire hydrant).

3. Just one more passion (err . . . hobby) that provides brain stimulation while providing relaxation, but, that can be neglected for days or weeks without serious consequences or guilt complexes.

4. Good quality fishing -- monster bluegills, soon-to-be reasonable catfish, and large winter trout not consistently available in public waters.

5. A place to just relax after a very long day.

6. Expanding a quality wildlife ecosystem for finned, winged, legged, and non-legged critters and bugs of all types.

7. A fun place to gather for guests, from grandchildren to grand parents, and for all ages of friends in between those age groups -- for fishing, hot dog and marshmallow roasting, story telling, and just having a good time.

8. Irrigation for fruit and vegetables.

9. A swimming hole on hot summer days.

10. A reason to be a Pond Boss member (maybe this should be higher in the list).

Enjoy your pond,
Ken

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All!