Rowly - I hate to keep throwing water on your fire but: since you are now moving towards a heavy LMB and SMB based fishery and adding "good" numbers of mature fish this spring I don't think minnows will do well for very long in your existing system with all those larger bass; esp those LMB's. Keep in mind what Bob L always preaches here and consider bgill &/or pumpkinseed sunfish as the main forage for these bass. I think minnows in your system with only 10%-20% weed growth will have a hard time keeping an adequate annual forage base for good bass growth. Bass, esp LMB, are foracious predators on minnows such as Pottsy is using. Bass eat them like Cheerios cereal. The adult minnows like Pottsy has are also small 2.5" - 5" which is very little substance for a 2 to 3 lb bass. They have to eat so many of them they waste all the nutrition and energy catching enough to fill them up each day, thus little growth results. If the 2.5 lb bass can expend only one swipe and get a 4"-5" bgill or 8" shiner or 8" bass or 8"-10" walleye, it "makes his day". One swipe and all he (even a 14"-16"er) gets a 3" minnow what a waste; he needs to do that all day long. They quickly learn that is 'not the way to go' unless absolutely necessary and the only thing available.
Rethink your plan. If possible ask MNR fisheries biologists or someone with good local experience for their forage species options for these bass. I am assuming you want good bass growth, numbers and decent sized fish 2-4 Lbs.
I am sure if you add the bass you've mentioned your existing minnow forage base will soon disappear; I've seen it happen numerous times. With 40% to 60% weed cover the minnows might now have a chance. As I've said many times before, I don't like mixing LMB and SMB in the same small water body. One will become dominate over the long haul & it is usu. the LMB. However it IS your pond and do what you are convinced is right and you too will learn over time. Experience is a great teacher!

aka Pond Doctor & Dr. Perca Read Pond Boss Magazine -
America's Journal of Pond Management