Hey Cecil, I am doing something similar to this myself only with B-Gill, fatheads, mudminnows and shiners as forage. As with many species if it will fit in it's mouth... it'll eat it. There is some reproduction of walleye possible in ponds... fairly decent chance from what I have read and my suppliers info. Walleye if fed a rich minnow diet from young will grow surprisingly fast... they do better with live foods then pelleted foods to the point that a walleye fed minnows can easily double or triple the size of one fed prepared foods over the same time period. Perch likely won't grow fast enough or big enough with walleye as a predator to become a threat to the smaller stocked walleye.. of course they will eat some if the walleye manage to reproduce. From what I know stocking rates for walleye are about the same as bass. Walleye are great fish for eating. Note that they do like slightly cooler water then bass do. I think the combination you mention will work very well... certainly recommend a large program of stocking minnows first.

Owner/Builder of Ottawa Canada's first official off-grid home.

http://www.mygamepictures.com - Hosting your outdoor adventure, fishing, hunting and sports related pictures!