Greetings, archer (Leader of the Gorgonites???)

I will tackle 3 (OK, 2) of your questions:

1. Seeing as how you have 3/4 acre, I'd cut the numbers back to 500/250 BG/RES. You might get enough FHM spawning yet this year in Texas to warrant all 20 lbs now; 10 pounds now and possibly more next year might make more sense if you were up North.

2. Largely a matter of available funding.

3. Probably not a whole lot of feed at first. I'd get a 50 pound bag and trial feed VERY small quantities until the fish begin consuming it regularly. CW sez feed no more than the fish consume in 10-15 minutes. 50 lbs would probably last the rest of the year.

WRT brand, many of us feed Purina which is good stuff. For these small fish the best choice might be Aquamax Carnivore 400, a small sized 40% protein pellet. Hungry fish will pick (peck?) at pellets too small for them to swallow, but starting smaller makes sense to me. Game Fish Chow (32% protein, asorted size pellets) is a slightly lower priced alternate.

There are other excellent brands of feed that PMs here use, but I have no experience with and very little knowledge of them personally.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]