ML - I have been following the goings on at Meadowlark Ranch through your website/blog. Interesting read on the Pacu...I'm thinking about chucking a few in some of my ponds next spring...since they won't overwinter here, I dont think they could hurt anything.

A quick update - I was busy in the office today but talked to my construction guys up at Elizabeth a few times. Mostly duck pond work today as we wait on the loggers to come get these trees (I know several guys in the timber trade and I like them as people...but man I hate working with timber guys...they can't do anything on schedule...ever!!!) I'm beginning to wish I just had someone come out with a portable mill to handle these trees on site versus selling them...oh well.

This is the wide angle photo of #2. Next time I'm out, I'll try to get some to show the features a little better. Again, this one is pretty deep...25ft at the dam and about 12ft at the shallow end (once it falls off the 3ft ledge).

Here is pond #1 - view from above on hill

Another of #1 - this one from the dam:

"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not the fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau