I have a small 4'x16' low profile cantilevered dock. The frame of the dock was made from 4"x4" angle iron and I welded some short pieces of pipe to the frame with an ID slightly larger than the OD of the posts. I drilled a 1" holes in the short pieces of pipe and welded nuts over the holes and screwed in bolts forming a sort of bull pipe clamp. I used steel pipe for the posts, longer than required and welded a plate to the bottom about 1' square and then welded a 2' long steel pin to the bottom of the plate then primed and painted everything. I dug two postholes and filled with concrete and installed anchor bolts. The posts were slid into the frame and the whole assebly was lifted into place. The post mounts were loosened allowing the posts to drop down and be pounded into the clay bottom until reaching the plate. I hooked a come-a-long to the top of the post and around the frame to adjust getting everything level then just simply tightened the bolts, layed on some 4x4 joists and screwed on the decking. Pretty easy and can be adjusted later if something settles but it hasn't yet. The total build time was about 12 man hours.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." Stephen W. Hawking