Sunil, "On the Track of Bigfoot" by Marian T. Place; Copyright and first printing 1979

Jeff, good looking Chupacabara pic.

Theo, my well only produces 1/2 gallon per minute. My point is that it takes all day to replace the water that my wife uses in showering. I got a 2,500 gallon tank because she might get dirty sometime during the day.

Keith, I doubt that a fish captured by a bird could stay out of the birds gut for even 10 ft. Regarding the eggs: I once took the foot from a duck that had met his/her demise and tried to stick some BG eggs to it. They slid off. Even had they stuck, they would dry if the bird flew. Ok, let's say that they stayed moist and landed in the pond and floated to the bottom. I'm talking about sunfish species here. They would most likely become an epicurean delight to every denizen of the pond. If they didn't get eaten, they would have no male to fan over them to oxygenate and keep silt from covering them. That male also keeps the ever present bugs from enjoying them. If they landed on a rock, with sunlight penetration, most likely they would also be covered by algae, moss, or something. I'm sure there are other variables involved. But remember, BG fry recruitment/survival is less than 1% for a darn good reason.

OK, mosquito fish seem to show up in places that, in theory, have never been stocked. I suspect that most of these cases, strange fish come from the hatchery with FH or BG. I know my green sunfish did and have found LMB babies in some BG that I was stocking for a guy.

I guess that bird stocking is theoretically possible but the odds are staggering. And yet, somebody always wins the lottery.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP