I can't do it and have been trying for years. I think I have too many logical thought processes and only believe in statistics, research and the recuperative powers of beer and tequila. I don't believe in spooks, Nessie, Chupacabaras, birds stocking ponds or Louis Lamore's old gods. However, I just finished reading a book about Bigfoot and do believe they exist.

Here's my story. When I got married 15 years ago(yesterday was my anniversary), my bride thought we ought to have a place to stay on the land. She nixed my tent idea. I got "the look". I bought a series of camping trailers and finally a mobile home. I hauled 50 gallon water barrels from Fort Worth and hooked up a pretty ingenious pumping system into the house. She wanted a well. I called a well driller and he poked two 500 ft. holes into the ground with no results. I wrote a sizeable check and he left. Mama ain't happy.

I started researching dowsing and figured what the heck. I bent some brass rods and started walking. Nada. Then I noticed a slight twitch on ONE of the rods. I retried that spot and nothing happened. So, I finally located a dowser. He came and used a forked willow limb. He walked over the area where I felt the twitch and the limb pointed down. I tried with the stick and nothing happened. He gave me the "city boy look". Then a local cowboy came by and tried it. He also had the "gift". He went over one place and yelled "look at this". He was straining to hold the limb upright and couldn't. Like Chris, the bark was breaking under the strain. I took the stick and, again, nothing. I'm still secretly trying, with no results, in that spot. I drilled in the area where I had originally felt one of the wires cross and hit water. Not much, but with a 2,500 gallon holding tank, Mama can take her 20 minute morning showers.

For me, it doesn't work. For others, it dang sure does.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP