Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Anadrews9252, jhgadd, Syndel, chin_monster, Km17
18,592 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics41,120
Posts559,709
Members18,592
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,734
ewest 21,554
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,200
Who's Online Now
7 members (esshup, Fishingadventure, Snipe, Bobbss, Boondoggle, John Fitzgerald, catscratch), 697 guests, and 146 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
B
Lunker
Lunker
B
I never drop a drink prior to 5PM CDT.

J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
Bruce, although I would really like to envision a nationwide synchronized toast to the Gams, I realize that it would be almost impossible to execute. Therefore I leave the exact time up to each individual PB’er. Just the thought that at different times through out the day on June 30, folks from around the nation will toast to the fallen Gams makes my heart soar.

With the diverse group of folks here on PB can you imagine on any given day what they might be up to. Just think if you could control several high tech satellite camera systems to zoom in on several Pond Boss members to determine what they were doing on any given day and time, say for instance June 30th at 4:00pm PST. What would the camera’s film…..

DIED - Celebrating his Dad's birthday, all the while justifying the practice of water witching and fly fishing with live worms attached to his lure, meanwhile contemplating how to sell the cost of a new well to his Lunker-Catching wife.

George - Hunched over his fly tying tools creating the perfect fly that will cause fish to jump out of the pond onto shore with just the mere sight his newly created lure.

Brettski - Using a drawing pencil and sketching pad in his left hand to design a Super Dome to cover his entire pond so that he can create the ultimate wildlife sanctuary while concurrently using his right hand to post LOL responses to pond boss posts.

Meadowlark and Rad - Co-conspiring as to how to grow their toothy Pacu’s to 20 pounds without loosing any necessary appendages.

Cecil – Mounting an exquisite Trout (not in a weird “Deliverance” sort of way mind you) that would be worthy of display in the Smithsonian Institute.

Yolk – Trying to avoid both the Medusa-like stare of his Aggrieved Teenage Daughter and the wrath of the GSF Club (who forgive but never forget).

GW - Trying to devise the perfect trophy size Warmouth spawning pond.

Theo – Using 41% of his brain designing Aerospace Technology that he could describe to us but none of us would really understand anyway, 27% of his brain managing his pond, 18% of his brain moderating pond boss, 15% of his brain managing his cattle operation and household chore activities and 16% of his brain writing limericks in latin. (Yes I realize that is more than 100%, but anyone that has read much of what Theo writes on PB will quickly come to realize that his grey matter use is way, way beyond the norm).

Ewest – Reviewing and contrasting six studies involving the effect that sublethal stress has on otoliths size when contrasted with northern and southern latitude genetic variation anomalies in eastern European Elassoma Zonatum.

Sunil – Reeling in one of his tough fighting SMB with one hand while drinking a beer with the other - all the while contemplating the perfect Margarita recipe for the next PB convention.

Gator - floating on an inflatable water toy shaped like an alligator to both show respect for the newly relocated Sneaky Pete but yet enjoy his pond without the though of being consumed in whole or part.

JHAP - Day dreaming about an Elodea free pond containing 4 to 5 pound LMB while reading the "Small Business and Work Opportunity Tax Act of 2007" and contemplating the draft of his latest potential post to PB to determine if would likely be funny to anyone but himself.

Bruce - and yes you Bruce what would the camera find you doing behind the iron gates of the Condello Compound/Institute for the Creation of Ludicrously Proportioned Blue Gill, one can only wonder.....

And that’s to name just a few of the pond bossers…..

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)
D
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
D
oy

this being the sound i've made after reading JHAP's post, falling backwards to the floor, and curling into the fetal position of comic agony.

"mounting an exquisite trout".......
<
<
<
<
oy squared

GSF are people too!

H
Lunker
Lunker
H
jeffie, It is better to have loved a gam and lost than to never have loved one at all. I hold my glass (actually a can) high and toast to the gams. It's five oclock somehwere. Sorry I got to the party a little late. I was busy counting the gams in Zephyr Pond.

In Dog Beers, I've had one.
Lunker
Lunker
As Jimmy Cagney once said in a movie, "Some Gams!"

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
M
MJR Offline
M
I thought that was The Rolling Stones?

I went out to mow at Reluctance Ranch today and couldn't see any fish, but the aerators were bubblin' away and there were a few pellets in the water in front of the feeders, but no "feeders" in sight. The mosquitos, however, were completely absent. As hot as it was, that was a blessing.

After about four hours of mowing and no end in sight, I decided the mower was too small, loaded it in the truck and took it back to the dealer for a larger model. God, I love this pond sport stuff. What a great excuse for toys!

Once the fish grow, I'll need to train the boy (and girls) to mow. I can tell that already.

Be the fish.
B
Lunker
Lunker
B
JHAP, I dont know if you're on or off the meds, but....dont do anything different. ;\)

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
JHAP, I know what you mean.

I'm not one of those people that has to laugh like crazy at all of my own jokes, but every once in a while my wife will give me a funny look, and I'll ask why, and she'll say that I just started chuckling out of nowhere. I was probably thinking of my next PB post. \:\)

Holding a redear sunfish is like running with scissors.
D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Count me in for a toast to the gams! Similar carnage was experienced by our rosies, so maybe I'll have to raise one to them as well...

"Only after sorrow's hand has bowed your head will life become truly real to you; then you will acquire the noble spirituality which intensifies the reality of life. I go to an all-powerful God. Beyond that I have no knowledge--no fear--only faith."
J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
 Quote:
Originally posted by Bruce Condello:
JHAP, I know what you mean.

I'm not one of those people that has to laugh like crazy at all of my own jokes, but every once in a while my wife will give me a funny look, and I'll ask why, and she'll say that I just started chuckling out of nowhere. I was probably thinking of my next PB post. \:\)
Bruce, I'm glad I'm not the only one! My wife has grown accustomed to my sense of humor. Occasionally I crack myself up but I'm so easy to amuse I never really know what is going pass for humor to others. You should see what "hits the cutting room floor" (to use Hollywood vernacular).

Fellow Bond Bossers:
Hopefully I did not offend any of the members that were mentioned, I certainly did not intend to and apologize if I did. There were many more members that I would have liked to mention but ran out of inspiration. Some of the members I didn't do justice to (Brettski and Theo in particular) but I ask you how do you capture the essence of their forum personalities? Anyway, no offense was meant, hopefully none taken if so I do hereby formally apologize, so sorry, grovel, grovel, apologize, grovel.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
 Quote:
Originally posted by burgermeister:
JHAP, I dont know if you're on or off the meds, but....dont do anything different. ;\)
Think of it like a seesaw

med's off = humor on

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
mikel, whitebassfisher
Recent Posts
Hybrid Bluegill
by Snipe - 06/28/24 11:17 PM
Happy Birthday anthropic!
by Snipe - 06/28/24 11:10 PM
Electrofishing request
by Snipe - 06/28/24 11:06 PM
What did you do at your pond today?