Jeez, I went to the link and if I'm reading the offending language in this bill correctly it essentially removes (from current legislation/regulation) the phrase "navigable waters of the United States" and substitutes the phase "Waters of the Unites States."

In the bill "Waters of the United States" is defined as:

"all waters subject to the ebb and flow of the tide, the territorial seas, and all interstate and intrastate waters and their tributaries, including lakes, rivers, streams (including intermittent streams), mudflats, sandflats, wetlands, sloughs, prairie potholes, wet meadows, playa lakes, natural ponds, and all impoundments of the foregoing"

Before you think it (or say it) this is not a Jeffhasapond joke, that's quoting the bill directly (or as directly as I can given my typing skills). I'd say that about covers every type of wet area. I get that we all need to be concerned about water pollution but this is taking an extreme stance. Besides who is more concerned about water quality than pond meisters.

All I can say is that if you pee on your property make sure that it dries quickly and does not pool or create a wet meadow - perhaps limit your urination to a 1 - 2 beer input/output factor. Six pack pees are no longer allowed, unless of course you can run while peeing - then you may have the proper disbursal factor to ensure quick drying.

NOTE: My intent is not to make light of this legislation however - this proposed bill seems like some serious stuff. I can see how this would trickle down to very restrictive control of pond chemicals.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)