...pretty close to bein' done with the crib zone.
If I never have to ski down another slippery clay laden, saturated, cold and clammy slope again...it will be too soon.
OK, the PVC log units are in place. So are the perimeter sno-fence curtains on the saucers. We took on another dowsing of water since the last visit; good thing I made it out this time or I would be working on submerged structure.

-
The curtains worked great, attached with drilled holes in the saucer perimeter and cable tys. The log units are firmly fastened to the slope, impaled with stout rebar pins. Man, does it look kooky in this area....nothing like the average Joe looks of the tire pyramids and PVC tree configurations. :rolleyes:
The water had gotten so high that I feared the next visit with the rock for the saucers might really suck...so...I used leftover rock from this last summer when we built the drain filter case. I had kinda forgetten about it. It's a mix of 1/2" - 2" shards with sharp corners. It's some kinda very hard, granite type landscape rock that's red in color. My pal Scott gave me a hand as we used what was available at the pondsite, working to fill the lowest saucers first. We had enough to do about 1/2 of 'em, buying some time to finish the saucers located at a higher elevation sometime soon. When I poured and spread out the last 5-gallon bucket load into a saucer, Scott notes to me a critical flaw with my plan: bass don't like red rocks. Thanks, pal.
This is another shot, not necessarily meant to detail the crib zone, but just barely catches a different angle on the typical PVC log installation geometry.

-
Say bye-bye to the Rockytopper Lunker Stopper tire configuration, going down for the third time. Soon to bid adieu to the dry-hydrant intake, too.