Every National Wildlife Refuge that I've been to has islands for the ducks. I was told that they are safer from preditors when surrounded by water. This is especialy important for nesting. Do ducks nest in your area?

Not all ducks like timber, in fact, allot of them perfer open water. You could plant some areas for them along your shorline. They seem to like to dig out the plants from underwater quite a bit too.

Windbreaks and shade seem to be spots I see them during the day. My pet ducks spend all day sitting under my dock, while the goos stands on top of it.

Ducks love floating catfish food!!!!!

Get some live Rouen ducks. They look just like mallards, except they are too big to fly. They will get used to you and hang out around your. My goose follows me around the yard sometimes and he's wild. He will fly after the herons sometimes, but always comes back.

Live ducks swimming around will atract wild ducks. It's VERY illegal to hunt over live ducks, but since that's not your goal, than they will work great for bringing visitors in.

Eddie

Lake Marabou http://www.pondboss.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=139488&fpart=1

It's not how many ideas you have, but how many you make happen.

3/4 and 4 acre ponds.