We have shared many projects including house designs, docks, bridges, pond cabins etc. I thought I might open up a discussion of Entrance ways. Do any of you have or are planning to have a entrance that makes a statement about your little piece of heaven?

Here is the project that I am currently working on for my new pond property. I plan too build the gate using 14 gage 2x6 sq tubing and 1x1 sq tubing. Gate opening is 24 ft, height of gate 6'6". I am going to install 2 solar powered pumps and have waterfalls flowing directly out of the bottom of the sign onto sandstone boulders. I purchased four 12 to 14 inch diameter mountain cedar post last weekend which will be peeled of bark and clear coated with sealer. The fence on the frontage is planned to be 4 rails built also from peeled mountain cedar.

The Design

This is a pic of one of the stars cutout

If I had access to large timbers like you highlander folks I would construct one like this. You can't find Texas mountain cedar long enough to span very far because the timber tends to tapper down quickly from one end to the other.

I ran across this in colorado last year on vacation I thought it was awesome.

Check out these guys work impressive put a little steep for my budget.

http://www.trailswestgatecompany.com/gallery.htm

The road goes on forever and the party nevers end...............................................