Thanks guys, you've already given me some good tips. I'll be fishing in the Kimberling area and will have my own boat. I've never fished the lake before but probably still won't do the guide thing. I've done that before and while it usually puts you on some fish I'd rather see if I can figure things out. To me more than half the fun is being resourceful. If there is good fishing to be had I'll just keep coming back until I figure it out. If I don't find them this year I'll find them next year and I'll enjoy every minute of trying. To me that's what makes it fun. I don't know why I'm this way, maybe a little pride going on there, I don't know. To me it's an adventure. I have been to the area before and I've seen the trout in the lake below the dam. I also visited the trout hatchery. That was cool. In the mean time I'll do as much reading as I can and take any tips I can get and then see if I can figure it out. I've dreamed of fishing this lake ever since I was a kid and saw Virgil Ward fish there in his TV shows.

Gotta get back to fishin!