Matt:

Never do dangerous activities when you are PO'd...

I was using a post driver. In case you don't know, that's basically about 3 feet of 3"-4" steel pipe with a plug welded to the top and two handles welded to the sides. You put it over the T-Post, raise it up part way, slam it down, and repeat. It's a human-powered pile driver.

I was ticked off about something and lifted the post driver too high, off the top of the T-Post. When I brought it down, it bounced off first the post and then my skull. For a little while, the tree right in front of where I had been working was purple and orange instead of brown and green. Then everything was back to norbal.

When I could stand up again, I walked back to my In-Law's construction trailer (this was about 20 years ago, on their place before they built a house and lived there) and told my wife I was through working for the day and I was really tired. She wouldn't let me sleep! (And she wasn't laughing at all.) But it was my second concussion so I was wasn't worried, just sore, tired, and confused.

You ever see an egg that cracked inside the chicken and grew a second layer of shell over the crack to repair it? I have a spot like that on my skull. And I drive T-Posts with a sledge hammer, which has been judged by my wife to be safe for me to use.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]