OK, the forum has been kinda "cabin feverishly" slow. Perfect time to inject some useless fluff.
-
-
I am not computer neophyte, but further away from a savvy nerd. Most posters already know that I keep a pretty large collection of pictures of our project. My PC monitor plays a big role; most do. We operate at home with a 3 year old Dell with a CRT monitor. My work computer is pretty much the same setup. Sometime last year, my work unit got upgraded to an LCD monitor. HOLY SMOKES! I thought there was something wrong with the new LCD monitor; it was WAY too bright and sharp. I figgered I should try to tune it down. My IT guy laughed and calmed me down to the harsh reality. Tube monitors just plain suk. I remember a pic I posted that Burger made fun of me because all the soil looked as red as Mars. On the tube monitor at home, I looked OK. When I brought it up on the LCD at work....ooops.
Well, I finally broke down and dropped $160 on a Tiger-direct deal on a 19" LCD monitor for the home 'puter. Donna-ski spent the next week commenting "I didn't know that thing was purple...I didn't know that banner was pink..."
So, the moral of the thread. If you haven't already, take the dive and move up to LCD. Hang onto the ol' tube monitor for an emergency back up or just plain throw it out. It has very little value....unless your great great great grandkids find it in the attic and take it to Antiques Roadshow in 2090.