Now that I have the BG die-off problem nailed down, (murderous merganzers), my next concern is this: This Spring will be the first time I need to be concerned with feeding the 3 species in my pond, not just BG as has been the case for the past 4 years. I now have 75 LMB, bazzillions of BG and 150 6" to 8" baby channel cats. The BG feed on floating pellets just fine. (too many to not feed at this time.) The Bass will eat (thin) the BG, so I'm not concerned there, but, the CC are not feed trained, but rather wild and dumped in last Fall along with the LMB. Will the CC eventually come to the floating feed, or should I mix sinking pellets in, or what?
I feed the BG floating pellets, approx 2 lbs in the morn, and 2 lbs in the evening, and it is GONE within 5 to 8 minutes, all of it... I would really like to get a significant amount of feed to the little CC until they too can eat the BG. I would like to work towards a self-sustaining pond, other than feeding the BG, with the BG as the LMB and CC food staple. Any suggestions?