I'm right there with you, Poseidon. I've never been a hunter and most likely never will be.

I do eat meat and wear/use leather. I just don't want to do the killing.

When I was an early teenager, I got a BB gun. Man, I shot everything....birds, frogs, snakes, rabbits, etc.

Then one day, I just felt a huge amount of regret and couldn't do it anymore.

I used to keep Steelhead Trout that I caught in Erie, PA. Now I don't keep any, but I'll still eat the smoked trout.

I still dispose of bullheads caugt in my pond by throwing them up on shore. Same goes for the occasional Black Crappie. I don't feel much regret there.

I have accepted my hypocritical ways when it comes to hunting & eating meat (and disposal of bullheads). I'm OK with it, and I can sleep at night.

I also feel that there are some methods of hunting that are more challenging than others. Archery is more challenging than modern rifle. The bowie knife is more challenging than archery.

Shooting a bear who comes up to a chum pot is not very challenging in my opinion.

I've got nothing against moral hunters; I just can't do it.

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."