ewst,

I live in the central part of KY about 1 hour from the Tenn state line. From what I know about bass fishing I know I am to far north for the FL strain of LMB. The pond is roughly 1 acre of surface water, it is a tri angle shaped damed up ravine. I stocked 50 LMB from lakes and a neighbors pond, 50 CC, some native BG (about 50)from local lakes and 250 CNBG I bought from a fish truck. The fish truck is a local operation here in KY, I don't remember the name. I am sure they grow their own fish but I am not 100% certain.

I do have alot fry right now. Is this indicative of CNBG? I find it odd that I would have fry this time of year, I am sure they not make it through the winter, but who knows. From what I can tell they look like CNBG but I have not examined them in my hand yet, only from the bank.

Water is from runoff of about 15 acres and a small spring in the pond (I wish I covered). I had been feeding the CC dog food and bread, but I plan on switching in floating food and a feeder this summer. The BG would eat some of the smaller floating dog food.

I dont have any pictures of the CNBG yet nor a water temp profile but I will try to get those in the near future. As far as winter temps, I am sure we will get some hard water this winter, but it usualy doesn't last more than a few days at a time.

Sorry for the long post and I appriciate any help you could give me.

This is a picture from the dam looking at the back of the pond.

1 Acre pond in Central KY
CNBG or BG?,CC,& LMB