The speed of color changes in BG is amazing. I think I will try to document that and post the results.

George did you count the anal fin rays?

Coppernose bluegill have 12 soft rays on their anal fin as opposed to 11 soft rays found on the regular bluegill. Coppernose have fewer but wider vertical bars on their sides than do regular (common or native ) bluegill. Coppernose also have orange margins to their fins. Male coppernose has a broad copper band above the eye or forehead and are prominent during spawning season.

THE FINS OF THE CNBG ARE REDDISH-ORANGE WITH A THIN WHITE MARGIN. THE TYPICAL VERTICAL BAR PATTERN OF THE BLUEGILL IS PRONOUNCED IN THE COPPERNOSE, AND VERY DISTINCTIVE. ADULT MALES HAVE A BROAD COPPER BAND ACROSS THE HEAD THAT IS THE TRADEMARK OF THE STRAIN.

http://www.pondboss.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=20;t=002562;p=1#000000

Compare both of the fish below of yours -- first is yours from the post above -- second yours from an earlier post. Note that the second fish is an obvious CNBG (see nose bar) . Then compare its fins and tail with those of the first fish above of yours and the CNBG pic of mine. Also the fish you are asking about seems to have a nose bar (scaling)as both of the other fish it is just not copper or distinct because of time of year and maturity.

Male CNBG