I'm trying to get excited but I'm not very worked up about opening weekend. This year my Grandson/Partner gets to hunt with Grandmas Remington 222. He is now 8 years old and has done the target practicing. We've had the talks about safety, the finality of killing, getting your own meat as versus the grocery store, etc. I've put up a wooden picnic table near some wheat and have a good rest for him. The gun is still a little too heavy for him to hold offhand. Also, it should decrease the chance of a bad shot (my biggest worry). I have a couple of bucks spotted and timed for him. My only problem is that he won't get to go with me until the middle of November. Youth weekend in Texas opens tomorrow but his Mom (my daughter) is getting married tonight and lots of relatives are hitting town for the weekend. We are stuck with staying home and being polite. However, there is a chance that they will leave by about 2:00 Sunday.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP