Quote:
Originally posted by Sunil:
ewest, are these your tiger bass?

Cecil, sounds like a great natural progression for your business to raise your own fish. I hope it works out.

What's the future of the 3/4 acre pond over the next few years? Will there always be LMB in it after the initial introduction?

edit: I think I've misunderstood which pond you're going to put the LMB.
A natural progression and a necessity. With diseases cropping up in the Great Lakes region along with knee jerk reactions by state officials making it harder and harder to import fish, I need to do this in order to survive as a business.

There is a move right now to potentially have fish farmers and bait dealers test fathead minnows for VHS, which due to the expense would put them out of business. I'm all for doing things like that if science backs it up, but many times it doesn't.

Yes, the bigger 3/4 acre pond will always be the one for grow out of larger bass along with yellow perch and my source for bluegill, which will reproduce naturally in the pond. The pond where the broodstock bass will go into to spawn is a small 1/10th acre pond. This pond is easy to seine vs. the 3/4 acre pond. A smaller pond is easier to monitor and control also.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.