I am trying to make lemonade out of this myself. I am using the time to correct mistakes made prior to pond boss and also use the time to expand the pond (doing the digging of shallow areas by hand )

So far I have moved over 500 yards of dirt and clay by hand and expanded the pond quite a bit. I also have lost about 25 lbs. So wife doesn't mind that work as long as it qualifies as exercise.

Thus I am trying to make the best out of this draught. The thing that is driving me mad still is that the rain goes either north or south of my area. Where we are we seem to be in an area where the rains miss all the time. Maybe this is one for a different thread, but this problem seemed to start when they turned on a wind farm about 50 miles south west of us. Those towers are giant and there are many of them and we get most of our weather from the south west. When I get rains coming in from the north west I see them, when they come from the south west they split right around us. That is something that just makes a man go hmmmmmmmmmmm!!!

---------------------------------
1/10 - 1/4 acre pond plus 16 ft deep/ Plus 40 ft by 20 ft by 6 ft deep koi and fathead minnow pond next to it. Upstate NY