Bender,

I don't think it will be enough. Not only do you need cooler water you also need to flush nutrients from the pond if you have a good number of trout and you are feeding them. If you don't feed them your pond won't be able to hold very many at that size.

My idea to use a sprinkler or mist on really hot days was probably not something I will do, or if i do it, it will be as an experiment. I was thinking it would be an option in ponds where temps are marginal.

The other day when we were in the low 90's here my surface temp was still in the low 60's with the temp at 62 about 4 feet down. I can't reach out very far to the deepest water so it may have been even cooler than that there. (I only run the diffuser during the night or when highs for the day are under the mid to upper 70's. )

I hate to be party pooper but if you don't run cold ground water into your pond on a continous basis in summer you trout won't make it.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.