Buzz, I read about the project last week. It's pretty hard to use a crystal ball and you know taxes will increase no matter what you do with the land. They are paying the increased taxes and you need to negotiate something about previous years. I talked to the Tax people in Montague County about ag taxes, etc. They told me about one landowner who put a 4 wheeler track on his land. I believe they told me that they went back 5 years and recalculated his taxes as if it had been commercial during those preceeding years.

I have seen a bunch of them by Lubbock. Have you considered going there and having talks with the land owners to get their perspective?

I would ask about any restrictive covenants that they will put on you. I expect you could also negotiate free elec. for the ranch.

I expect it might deter me somewhat if I were buying. However, you say your goal is to find a way to generate income to keep it in the family.

BTW, I recall several years ago that you were having to work your tail off to catch enough bass to properly manage your lakes. How has that been going?