Hi Mike, sorry you're having problems with your pond. I'm no expert but it looks to me like the problem with your pond is depth. Think I remember you saying it's 5 1/2' when full. From the pictures I would guess it to be more shallow than that.

Here in Tennessee you can get away with 5-6' depth. Our rainfall is steady/evenly spaced out over the year, and equal to or maybe even exceeds the evaporation rate. In Kansas this is not the case ... evaporation rate significantly exceeds rainfall, and the rains are not evenly spaced throughout the year. Ponds in Kansas have to be deeper or fed by a water source.

To fix the pond you need to either a) Find a way to get more water running into it or b) Make the pond deeper. Runoff from the house isn't going to make much of a change in the water level, there doesn't seem to be a Spring there and a well would be expensive.

If it were my pond I would dig it deeper. You could start by having a backhoe over for 1 hour or so, to dig a trench from the center of the pond to let the water drain out. A month later you could get a dozer in there to clean the silt out and dig it out a little deeper. I bet the whole job could be done for $2,000 or less.