Sorry I am just now answering the frog question (I forgot what thread it was on). Ken has done extensive research on frog farming. He even spent time in the Amazon and other places overseas just learning "their ways". Now he teaches seminars to prospective farmers who want to go commercial. We stock anything from tadpoles up to 3 year old breeders. It is amazing what nature (and chemical applications) have done to the "natural" bullfrog populations. I could show you slides of deformed frogs that would make you sick to your stomach. When raised in captivity the survival rate is so much higher. In the wild a mother frog will lay x number of eggs. Nature has it designed so that about 1%-3% hatch out first, then the next 1%-3% hatch out several weeks later and become food for the first batch. In captivity you can sort out each batch to get a better survival rate.
If you just want to stock tadpoles in your pond (not interested in going commercial), expect about a 50% loss by predators. In other words stock 100 if you want 50 to live.
I could talk about frogs all day long (that is why Ryan is nicknamed tadpole). Frogs are really neat.

Deb

Do fish actually kiss?