Quote:
Originally posted by Eric:
Cecil & Ted, Sorry to hear about the fish. nothing worse than seeing your hard work and eco system not working the way it should due to some freaky weather. Our pond is in the same realm and conditions as yours, however I havent seen or had any fish go belly up yet. I am trying to figure out if its because I have a smaller population or because I have the creek running in it throughout the entire winter or maybe all the fish have died and sunk to the bottom. Its been like ages since I have seen the perch and ever since I put in the 25 SMB late last summer, I havent seen a one of them except to hear some sounds that may have been frogs jumping or small bass jumping. Who knows!!! But either case I am sorry to hear about whats going on there.
I suspect you don't have to worry about the perch. They are very active under the ice too which may mean they are somewhat different.

Actually this is still less than a true winterkill. It will be interesting to see though if more fish succumb to bacteria or fungus once the water warms in the spring. (I could be totally wrong but I think we will have a cold spring).

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.