truly a great thought- and entirely zen like- referencing Meadowlarks quote above- the sight of the first water cresting the spillway for the first time - like being 12 or 13
and discovering womanhood for the first time. I awoke Saturday morning and at daylight I could see my first pond about to top the dam --- but then the newly installed spillway kicked in and water cascaded over it into a newly renovated channel about 8 feet deep about 200 feet long- extending to a second spillway entering a newly created 3/4 acre pond and I got to see that spillway in action - just as envisioned and I continued watching (in the pouring rain) in amazement as the new pond filled to capacity and the auxilliary and emergency spillways kicked into action and handled 5 inches of water in about 3 hours---it was truly an amazing sight!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO I witnessed four virgin spillways handle an enormous volume of water- and I pray we do not get five inches or even three any time soon.

I began my pond journey in the spring of 05, starting construction of a chain of ponds. An existing pond in close proximity of my backyard, about an acre in size, elyptical in shape 14 feet deep when full- I renovated its spillway and created a channel leading to the new pond.

All of the done (I might add) with a tractor that Mr Meadowlark "doubted would even dig the core trench".

So the new pond was completed in fall of 05 and remained dry until 6am 01-13-07 and was full and overflowing in three hours- WHAT A THRILL!!!

what do I stock it with??