"I can build a radiator out of hard copper pipe. I picture a 2" manifold branching into multiple 3/4 or 1/2 inch rods."

Jersey, I hate to break up a good brainstorm but
from this description I am imagining something that resembles a TV antenna with either A:the copper pipes ending and capped off or B: routing back to the manifold. If this is what you are invisioning I think there may be a problem with your design. If your idea is method A: the fluid will pass from the inlet straight through the manifold and directly to the outlet with little heat loss/gain (depending if you are in Heat/cool mode). If method B: the fluid running through the rods will cross/mix with the fluid traveling through the manifold resulting in fluid exiting not at it's full exchange potential lessening the systems efficiency.

Copper makes sense because of it's conduction properties and longevity. It seems that a long (how long?) continuous coil would be simpler, more effective, and not require a manifold. Aluminum has even better properties than copper but the costs of both are very high.

So far everyone is telling me not to aerate unless my pond is over 20' deep or very large since my system was designed without the consideration of aeration. I expect a communication from my manufactures engineer(s) on Monday hopefully with some definite answers.

Another thought to ponder for those putting in new systems would be to go with an open loop system. A well would have to be drilled or some other water source, and the water would be pumped through the system and discharge into the pond. Keeping it full. Could possibly support trout if properly designed. The discharge water could be sprayed adding a little aeration too.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." Stephen W. Hawking