Quote:
Originally posted by Theo Gallus:
I think you're gonna be purt near full come Spring, Brettski. Of course, that could just be the juice talking.
C'mon Theo...I'm tryin' to remain calm, convincing myself that it's gonna take a couple o' years. I dunno; it had just started raining when we left after taking the above set of photos. This next pic is 3 days later after 2"+ of rain on already soaked soil. I think we picked up another 6 - 7" and it's still comin' in thru one draw. Oh yeah, and the clay field tile is making serious contributions (please see my red flare on the Best cap for tile overflow thread .

This pano shot is taken from a very similar area as the other above pano's at the building site pad. I have walked down the front slope to the current shoreline. Oooo boy, another milestone; the entire basin is covered with water. All the whoops are submerged. For reference, the dark spot underwater (right/center of frame) is the last exposed dirt mound; the hump between the 2 monster holes off the front/middle of the building site pad.
-
Another perspective, taken from the timberline at the wetland zone. From left to right: one of eight 4 x 4 poles for nesting structures (normal pool will be 2 ft below the pole top; there is a second pole extension coming to raise the nest boxes), bld'g pad with Theo's Cluster (getting his feet wet) on the slope, launch/dock/deck, Sunil's mound going under, cribs on shore with polyvinylphibian saucers beaming cryptic messages to Sunil's friends in the Mothership, screen tent tucked up on a nice hill (soon-to-be home of the B-ski tree house and deck...shhh, don't tell D-ski yet), tire/PVC tree reef, run-off channel from a draw entering behind us, the dam at distant/far right.