Gator :

I will pull out my soil test reports tonight and compare the findings and if they are close I will provide what the rec. were for a pond.

Water quality is key even if you don't fert. In high acid waters (under 20 ppm alka.) fish can easily become stressed. Such waters can only support a small fish #age per acre. If you are going to have normal to high stocking water quality is even more impt. If stressed by water with high acid effects fish , exhibit lower feeding whether plankton (natural food) or pellets, O2 levels in the water tend to be lower and the water tends to be less healthy for their growth.

Here is a simple comparison. Humans work best at a temp. of about 72f with normal cloths (pants shirt and shoes). If you are forced to work at 20f or 110f in normal cloths for an extended period of time your body won't function as well. Over time your body condition will suffer. ewest

PS : guys look at the water on pg 4 of this thread. That does not look like a 12-18 in reading or a planlton bloom to me but is at full pool and in March.