No Greg, you are right! I do feel things have taken a turn for our "relationship", but I am still very confused. You are listing 20 ppm, but Bruce quoted earlier today the following:

"Quote from "Culture and Propogation of Striped Bass and it's Hybrids" edited by Harrell, Kerby and Minton states the following:

"It is generally accepted that water with a total hardness greater than 150 ppm is very good for phase I culture. Under hatcherty conditions, excellent phase I crops have been reared in fresh water ranging in hardness from 60-600 ppm".

"Stress problems resulting in mortality have also occurred in striped bass and hybrids when handling fish transferred from hard water to very soft water. Hybrids are somewhat more tolerant than striped bass to soft water, but should not be subjected to radical changes in water hardness".

That said, my hardness in all of my ponds ranges from 400-480 ppm so it's not an issue for me. I couldn't find any other references as to minimum hardness needed for HSB survival." - Bruce C.

See why I am still running in circles with this. As I stated before we do not have the ability to run the in field tests like you all do, so our Hach testing procedure is what we use. I see where variables need to be noted, and again am learning. But I am getting some conflicting info. I mentioned once before that we might need to put our heads together to combine forces...any thoughts there \:D !

Thanks to everyone! (Good point ewest)

Deb

Do fish actually kiss?