faw,
I feel the bluegill establish home range. This is typical of prey species. Bass, Catfish etc being predator is not this way. So a bluegill 500 feet away does not have a clue the feeder is going off. People can ot belive how agressive fish are at the feeder but if you weighted all the ones there what % of pond carrying capapcity is around feeder??? So we sell usually 2-3 feeders for a 6 ace pond. Depends on many factors, budget being a main one.

Also the key word is supplemental feding. That is what it is. They will eat other items as well. If you want to feed 0.5 per day that will help 1.5 lbs 3 times will help that much more. I feel this leads to better health for the bluegill this in turns translates into bass gain via larger bluegill to eat and increases in reproduction form healtheir bluegill.

It also might mean easy fishing for bluegil around the feeder, ok what is worng with this especially if talking about kids. It also might mean easier meals for bass, ok this means larger bass that I have never seen any harder to catch, in fact have argured helathier bass has more energy to chase down spinnerbait.

So yes the bluegill are getting a handout but money well spend if wanting increased bluegill or bass growth.

Greg Grimes
www.lakework.com